Monday 8 September 2014

Hidden Spinach Berry Smoothie

At the moment I have really been getting into eating a lot healthier because being honest I am terrible when it comes to eating healthy! I eat far too much pizza and if it wasn’t for my quick metabolism I’m sure I would weigh around 32 stone. I have however decided to make a change and get into better eating habits mainly because I spent a week with my cousin Leah and she eats so healthily I haven’t even heard of half the stuff she puts into smoothies and salads. One of the recipes Leah suggested to me was a super quick and easy green berry smoothie. Now when I saw what went into this I really didn’t like the idea of combining raspberries and strawberries with spinach. However this smoothie tasted amazing and it was as if the spinach wasn’t even there (not as good as pizza though) and also had the added benefit of lots of nutrients. I made this to drink on my way up to college and it left me full of energy and it has greatly improved my skin it is clearer and just looks a lot more refreshed. Therefore I am going to let you in on the recipe for this smoothie so you can also rake in the benefits…This is what I call Hidden Spinach Berry Smoothie



1 ½  Cup of Spinach (Packed)
1 Cups of Frozen Red Berries ( Raspberries, Strawberries etc.)
½  Cup of Natural Yoghurt or Almond Milk
½ Banana

Blend the frozen berries and spinach together, then add the yoghurt/almond milk and banana and continue to blend until smooth and serve.

That really is it! It takes 5 minutes to make and yet has lots of benefits. I added some flax seeds to mine and you can use different berries do whatever get creative! If you do have any ideas then feel free to leave them in the comments below I would love to know.



I am going to leave you with this post with one tip if the smoothie seems to thick and difficult to blend add some milk or water.

No comments:

Post a Comment